How Can I Pray for Christian Missionaries in Africa?
Pray for God to open the hearts and minds of people who need Him. Less than 2 percent of North Africa’s population is Christian, there are so many people there who have not yet heard the name of Jesus. Pray for the Holy Spirit to draw people to Himself through the faithful service of Christian missionaries in Africa.
Pray for boldness for the missionaries, especially when they face opposition. Pray against evil forces that want to hinder the spread of the Gospel.
Over half of the African population is under 15 years old. Pray for missionaries to have an effective ministry to the youth and children. May the children and teenagers be drawn to these programs and the message of God’s love.
Pray for church planting to be successful in areas where there is no Christian church. Pray for people to be drawn to the new churches and see the light of Jesus.
Pray for missionaries to be hopeful and encouraged. May God give each missionary a sense of His calling and His hope. Pray for strength and stamina for each missionary. May they have refreshment and restoration physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
May God protect the missionaries and keep them safe during travel.
Pray for local Africans to join the call to be trained as national missionaries. May God bless training programs to reach many potential pastors and missionaries, training them to serve their cities and communities.
Here are some ways to pray specifically for GFA World in Africa:
- Pray for the first missionary teams. May God use them for His glory.
- Pray for the first partner churches in Rwanda. Pray for God to help people to grow in their faith and that they will reach out to impact those who don’t yet know Jesus. May God help them to understand the needs in their communities and how best to help.
- Pray for the discipleship training and missionary outreach teams.
- Pray for the Sisters of Compassion (women missionaries who’ve received special training to effectively serve the poor in difficult places like slums and leprosy colonies) as they seek to meet the needs of women and care for them with love and kindness. May God bless their outreach.
- Pray for medical missions teams as they seek to meet tangible needs and share the love of Jesus.
- Pray for God’s mercy for the people of Africa, especially those who are hungry and struggling with extreme poverty.